Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Tracing the River

Image source: By National Gallery of Art - National Gallery of Art, Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=27645250

Tracing the River

In my mind,
I sketch you daily in curves,
dainty angles, and
wrinkled-nose smiles
preceding giggles
you tried to withhold
from my light tickles.

I’m no good for you;
you know it, I think,
yet you seep into my seams,
you embrace me just right and
drink me in, negating
my barbs and poison.

You are so good for me it seems.

As we walked
the river trail, discussing
everything, nothing,
near the riverbed,
a thicket of birds
urgently sang their
hearts out, bursting.

I am quiet, still;
a tranquil stream of thought,
you pour me into your seams.
You embrace me just right and
drink me in, negating
my silent sadness.

You can hear my song, it seems.



** *

Written for dVerse Poets’ Have a Heart! St. Valentine’s Day prompt. Go here to read other poets’ contributions to this heartfelt prompt. (Yes, I can get pretty punny too.)



8 comments:

  1. I like the use of "seams" and "seems" also the contrast of "I’m no good for you" with "you pour me into your seams".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully crafted and full of wonderful imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a love poem, filled with tenderness and completeness ~ Very moving to read ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am quiet, still;
    a tranquil stream of thought,
    you pour me into your seams.
    You embrace me just right and
    drink me in, negating
    my silent sadness.

    Beautiful!!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this kind of love, the one for long walks, for listening and those laughs... yes she can hear your song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful. Truly.
    THIS:
    "you know it, I think,
    yet you seep into my seams"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankfully, you're still doing the darn thing. This is good to see,Barry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooo...thank you for the intro to this music....very cool!

    ReplyDelete