Monday, November 21, 2016

Reset

Image source: http://www.mindfulmuscle.com/meditation-misconceptions-and-techniques/

Reset

Inhale
Water vapor
Oxygenated calm
Cosmic vapor filling the void
That random jolt of lightening you’re feeling?
Breathe deep

Exhale
Let it pass like rogue waves kissing your shores
Expel vile, destructive toxins
Release negative vibes
Feeling lighter
Centered

Now steady yourself
Begin again
** *


Written for dVerse Poets Quadrille #21 – Take a Breath. Go here to read other dVerse poets’ entries.  



13 comments:

  1. This is absolutely divine❤️ so much to love and adore here especially " Exhale. Let it pass like rogue waves kissing your shores. Expel vile, destructive toxins. Release negative vibes. Feeling lighter. Centered" sigh you make want to be positive! Beautifully rendered❤️


    Lots of love,
    Sanaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is what I need too... to exhale and enjoy again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I really like this part:

    Expel vile, destructive toxins
    Release negative vibes
    Feeling lighter
    Centered

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice breath practice. I guess that is what breathing does.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The key is find a toxin-free atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree...breathe out the vile toxins breathe in the new positivities

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely descriptive breath process.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the title and how your poem expresses it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I need to read this reset button every day. This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the meditative breaths, it induces calm

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely and it actually reminded me to take that deep breath.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great poem with great advice. I especially like this line:"Exhale
    Let it pass like rogue waves kissing your shores"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Quite a few of us are meditative with this prompt!

    ReplyDelete