Friday, November 11, 2016

Depart at Sea; A Part of Me

Image source: http://img14.deviantart.net/4404/i/2011/213/3/c/lovers_of_the_eternal_sea_by_phoebea2-d42dtrn.jpg

Depart at Sea; A Part of Me

I call out your name
before the door frame
leading beyond horizon.
Your laugh rings my bells,
our path sings pastels,
speeding, we bond, love flies in.

Depart, a part of
a heart that bleeds love,
your strength, woven, our textile.
You looking at me;
a warm breeze at sea,
wavelength, motion; your next smile.

The briny sea air
behind me, we share
rewinding waves of blue sea.
The salt of your tears
exalting frontiers
refined sea spray that drew me.

With you, I’m unmoored;
renewed, unsecured.
Set sail, advance from the shore.
Your streamers alight;
our dreamers’ twilight,
serene, your glance I adore.
** *

Written for dVerse Poets, Meeting the Bar; The Alouette, hosted by the talented Gayle Walters Rose. Feel free to head over to dVerse and read about the form. It felt good to try assuming the structure of this form. It was a much-needed meditative experience, given how emotionally deflating this week has been (I’m sure you all know what I’m talking about.)


Go here to read other dVerse poets taking this form out for a spin. I’ve been reading them already for inspiration, and they’re all well-written.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like true love to me...nice alouette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gayle Walters Rose11/11/2016 6:38 PM

    Oh my goodness but this is so beautiful. You went beyond the call of duty here with your exquisite alouette, that tells of romantic love immersed in the sea. I love your ending sestet! Thank you for adding your voice to the alouette so eloquently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flow of this is so eloquent. I read it like 10 times. I really like the juxtaposition of love, that is risky, unknowing chaos, and totally unpredictable; with the sea, which is a churning living body of chaos, but still predictable. Really well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love how you describe love, and the metaphors of sea is so well used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the nautical references in describing love. The rhythm and flow felt like the gentle rocking of the waves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you did with the form Barry ~ That last stanza is my favorite - wow ~

    ReplyDelete