Monday, August 15, 2016

Morning Rousing, Still Drunk on Your Nectar

Image source: fine art america 

Morning Rousing, Still Drunk on Your Nectar

Sunbeam filters find
you poured upon me,
settling into my skin,
oozing, connecting our gaps,
warm, sticky-sweet like a
drunkenly tipped-over
mason jar of honey
spilling its gold upon my
cinnamon-sprinkled,
coconut oil-glazed shell.

You smile, sleepily
blending into me, smelling
like nectar; mine.
** *

Posting for dVerse Poets Quadrille #14, “44 words that has to include the word of today which is jar.” Go here to read other dVerse poets’ entries.  


12 comments:

  1. Oh this is a wonderful use of the word... so very very hot... splendid words my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this take on the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet and sensuous write ❤ ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. This is a sensual write, indeed. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this take on the prompt - sharp and sensual. Puts me in mind of the ancient, original use of tanka among the court ladies after a night of love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO very sensuous. Beautiful imagery especially the use of "jar".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sensual. I like this different take on the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the sensuality of it...wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gayle Walters Rose8/17/2016 11:15 AM

    Love this...powerful and sensuous imagery...great title too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sizzling and sweet at the same time. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can taste the sweet concoction of mingled passion.

    ReplyDelete