Sunday, May 08, 2016

What You Made

 

What You Made

“Come see what I made!”
you said, beaming,
your smile,
a fiery kiln
where my joy
finds new shapes
to fill.

It makes sense
that you took to pottery
so quickly.

Sweating
over formless
lumps of clay,
patiently
kneading them into
something stronger.

You see potential
and beauty
where others
might see a
chaotic mess.

You are
unafraid
of dirtying your hands,
applying heat and
firm pressure
to mold
and strengthen.

You are
immensely proud
of your creations,
just as you should be,
just as I am
when I see you
brimming with pride.

When you come home,
brandishing one of your creations,
I marvel at your innate artistry
bursting forth
as it sits in its
glossy, decorative brilliance,
but not for
the reasons you think.

You see,
I’ve had the pleasure
of watching you
with our kids
for years.

You’ve been
sculpting,
shaping,
jiggering,
and spinning
nebulous clay into
beautiful treasures
long before you
ever took
a pottery class.
** *


Written for my beloved wife, molder of clay, on Mother’s Day.

5 comments:

  1. Fine information, many thanks to the author. It is puzzling to me now, but in general, the usefulness essay writers and importance is overwhelming. Very much thanks again and best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A heartfelt tribute to your wife on Mothers Day. Beautiful. I like the tiles too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful. I'm sure she melted with glee upon reading it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful. I'm sure she melted with glee upon reading it. :-)

    ReplyDelete