Friday, May 20, 2016

Ocean Jelly

Image Source: http://pre03.deviantart.net/e1d5/th/pre/f/2016/071/d/3/jellyfish_by_mclelun-d9us9jv.jpg

Ocean Jelly

Blue
Ocean
Reflects light
From unknown depths
Bluer and deeper
Refracted and angled
Oxygenated pixels
Dance with lone luminescent life
Seemingly aimless on buoyant fate
Resigned to vicissitudes of current
An essence, peering back from beyond me
Entangled in aimless emptiness
A lone slow dance, capacious mass
From pixel to pixie-dust
Piercing acute angles
Bluer atmosphere
Depths imploding
Reflecting
From my
Blues.
** *

Written and posted to Getting in Shape for Summer–dVerse MTB, the Etheree. I loved Etheree’s before I found out there was a name for them, so I couldn’t resist. Also, the artwork pretty much captured my default state so... 


Other poets have contributed wonderful work to this prompt. Check them out here.

14 comments:

  1. I'm always partial to the color blue, so you had me at the first word. The depth of this piece reflected the magnificence of the deep blue ocean. Well written!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://seachurn.blogspot.com.au/2016/05/etheree.html

    Oh this is a blue poem. I see a little light in this pic and poem.You need a mermaid to bring a little cheer before it turns to dark blue:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way the beauty of the blue going down to the depth...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shape of the poem was my total focus as I read it.

    Blue is my lover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Blues ode to a near impossible beauty. A condition only a few manage to live with. Typical of the genre. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Entangled in aimless emptiness
    A lone slow dance, capacious mass

    This is soo powerful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admire the perspective from the ocean's depths ~ Love the blue color imploding:

    Piercing acute angles
    Bluer atmosphere

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just breath-taking, Barry. There is such a luminescent beauty in jelly fish (as long as you don't get too close). I like the way you play with color and pixels.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how "blue" frames the poem with the first and last lines. A very descriptive poem, full of emotion but sprinkled with science. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do like this. Very well done.
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  11. WaTer
    droPs
    oF Y i..
    OceaN
    uS aS wE
    aS
    i..:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. cool one, Barry. captured the jelly perfectly ~

    ReplyDelete
  13. And indeed the poem, too, moves like a dance.

    ReplyDelete