Monday, April 04, 2016

Day 4 - The Sin that Played Us



Image source: http://scarewell.tumblr.com/

The Sin that Played Us

She whispered her envy of the stars in the sky
And so she whispered her want to myself,
and many more
She whispered, and so the bodies began to pile

Treasures pirated, black flag betrayal
Disguised as other deadly sins,
and even masquerading as virtue
Compelled me to act against my nature

She whispered, and so the bodies began to pile
Beneath my feet, they pooled, stagnant

She whispered to fools that I must be stopped
Before I dimmed each star that shined

She whispered, and so am I betrayed
My vision inverted, and soon I pooled beneath
The sandals of other fools who listened

Unable to move as crows descend upon me
Their inverted faces masked and mute

She whispered, but I can no longer hear
For I am floating among the murder of crows
Flying their processions around me

She whispered, and now I must decide
To follow the procession beneath the waves
Of blood spilled by others, by me,
and by new fools

The crows pay respect, awaiting my choice
I growl at them,
I’m not yet ready
And so one by one, they slowly disappear

I gasp, the cool oxygen a shock to dormant lungs
Mortal intent rendered but a glancing blow
She whispered, and I’d outlived my usefulness

But I ain’t dead yet, bitch.

Image source: http://raittos.tumblr.com/



7 comments:

  1. Oh that was a deadly whisper.. Love the use of repetions... And those crows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is dark & thrilling with the murder of the crows ~ There's always a choice isn't it ~

    Love your share Barry ~

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gayle Walters Rose5/13/2016 6:50 PM

    Loved this: "The crows pay respect, awaiting my choice/I growl at them,/I’m not yet ready/And so one by one, they slowly disappear." Feels foreboding yet there's a feisty comeback here too.
    Gayle ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a feminist but the female of the species can be terrible! Liked the write.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deliciously dark and enticing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chilling! I like these lines..." For I am floating among the murder of crows
    Flying their processions around me"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Murder of crows, single minded selfishness, determination to survive...lots of interesting and arresting things in this poem.

    ReplyDelete