Saturday, April 09, 2016

Day 9a - Sevenling (I Envied the Sum of You)

Mom, dad, and me.

Sevenling (I Envied the Sum of You)

I envied the sum of you; your swagger,
wit, the way you effortlessly
made the party yours.

I wanted to grow up to be you; bold,
brilliant, the life-giving light
of any room you entered.

Your fallen star still fuels my childish aspirations.
** *


Another dVerse sevenling post, though not shared there, as the deadline has past. I also wrote this to contribute to NaPoWriMo’s Day 9 challenge to write a poem that includes a line I’m too afraid to write. I chose to write about my dad, who would’ve been 64 today. 

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and touching tribute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely photo...your parents are a good looking couple
    I think their little boy grew up to be a sparkle and a life giving light:)

    ReplyDelete