Friday, April 08, 2016

Day 8 - Sevenling: (Everything is Coming Up Suicide)

Image source: http://www.wallpaperup.com/806111/sad_mood_sorrow_dark_people_love_sunset.html

Sevenling: (Everything is Coming Up Suicide)

Everything is coming up suicide and solitary sunsets
and weeping inconsolably through
the cheesiest black n white movies, alone

They say pills and talk-therapy will chase ‘em away
but they ignore the quietest storms
failing to recognize wreckage left in our wake, because

we waited way too long to be nice.
** *



Written for dVerse Meeting the Bar: the Sevenling. I knew I had to try this poetic form the moment I laid eyes on it. I may do a few more before we’re done with NaPoWriMo. Hopefully I’ll lighten up when I do!

Also read the other dVerse poets who tried this form.


6 comments:

  1. The quietest storms are the most dangerous, and lurking just below those smiles ~

    Happy to see that you enjoyed the form Barry ~ Good luck on your April writing challenge ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is a really dark Sevenling... Sometimes it's the small neglects that cause disaster in the end,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew. This packs a punch. Well done. So glad you caught the prompt and shared with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand this
    Thank you for saying it

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so powerful! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete