Saturday, April 30, 2016

Day 29 - Restless Midnight

Image source: http://thenakedconvos.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/sleeping-midnight.jpg

Restless Midnight

I want you the way
midnight wants to bathe within
the kiss of sunlight.

In the way
daylight cannot find us
in the same space,
kissing our faces the same way
I want to kiss yours.

I want you the way
moonlight wants to hear
lonely souls cry out for comfort,
only to fall silent,
lest someone hears their calls.

In the way
dreams pervert desire
into songs I’ve never heard,
with fingers dancing upon piano.

I want you the way autumn winds
race across your plains to find your heart,
compelling you to close your parka
tightly around us.
I want you
to show me our differences
so that I can admire
the gap in our defenses
before dawn.

I want you
to smile more
and imagine

a world set free.
***



5 comments:

  1. Whoosh !!! I should imagine the person who inspired this poem has been zoomed up into the firmament ,dangling from a moon beam, casting smiles and twinkling starshine.
    Just stunning Bizza!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful and it gets brilliant towards the end. SOLID writing, Barry. My favorite lines:

    "I want you the way autumn winds
    race across your plains to find your heart,
    compelling you to close your parka
    tightly around us.
    I want you
    to show me our differences
    so that I can admire
    the gap in our defenses
    before dawn.

    I want you
    to smile more
    and imagine

    a world set free."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sensuality and passion in your verses Barry!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful, somehow I feel it's about unrequited love, like the midnight longs for daylight.. or maybe like the moon can never face the sun...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! So beautiful, touching.

    ReplyDelete