Saturday, April 23, 2016

Day 23 - Sonnet on Preventing Forest Fires

Image source: By Eugene de Blaas - Art Renewal Center, Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=4789594

Sonnet on Preventing Forest Fires

It’s birth, like most directionless sparks
Lay dormant upon the forest floor
A smile, leading tone, gravid remarks
Oxygenates the ember rapport

With room consumed by assuming wood
Fueled by familiar flirts as kindling
Framework aflash, scorched likelihood
Chances to save our thicket dwindling

The spark takes our grove, a larcenist
With I, the unwitting arsonist.
** *



Posted for NaPoWriMo’s Day 23 sonnet prompt. I wasn’t going to try a sonnet today. I’ve done them before, but for some reason, I thought I lacked the patience to confine myself to a form right now. But I took a crack at it, and I think it came out OK.



1 comment:

  1. This is a wicked sonnet Bizza:)You should do more form and make it your own. Call me crazy, but I don't think this has anything to do with a forest fire at all.( Smirks)Ha ...enjoyed this one !

    ReplyDelete