Saturday, April 23, 2016

Day 22 - My Earth Day Promise

Image source: http://cdn.someecards.com/

My Earth Day Promise

“The planet isn’t going anywhere. WE are!” – George Carlin

My parents both crossed the Styx
at or before their 60th birthday.

Prince’s purple reign ended at 57.
Michael Jackson, guided to infinity by 50.

And me, well, I am 43 years young.

Judging by the trends,
the intangible stresses
of Afro-American life,
and my apparently shoddy genetics,
I think it’s probably safe
for me
to not give a shit
about Earth Day.

Save the planet?
Fuck you.
You save the planet.

I’ll do my part
by guzzling all the bourbon
and flirting with waitresses
who know better
than to be
disappointed by me.
** *





2 comments:

  1. LOL...you will probably live to a ripe old age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll echo what Cressida said above, you'll probably live a whole lot longer. This'll probably help you:

    "I think it’s probably safe
    for me
    to not give a shit
    about Earth Day.

    Save the planet?
    Fuck you.
    You save the planet.

    I’ll do my part
    by guzzling all the bourbon
    and flirting with waitresses
    who know better
    than to be
    disappointed by me."

    ReplyDelete