Thursday, April 14, 2016

Day 14 - Profiling a Portrait

Profiling a Portrait

I tend to sneak peeks at her
while she’s serious and focused.

Childish and perhaps even
a bit creepy, I know.

Sometimes her mouth hangs open,
like she’s voicing low-tones.

I side-eye her profile and
tickle-kiss her cheeks in my mind.

I love that so much of her face
is on the front of her face.

Ridiculous sounding, and
super, superficial, I know.

But at the surface level,
we like what we like, don’t we?

It’s all about symmetry and
features being where we expect.

When viewed from the side, she’s pretty
like a Susan B. Anthony coin.

Probably a poor metaphor
for objectification, I know.

Susan’s mouth is turned down in a
perpetual frown from so many fights.

But most of her face is
on the front, where it should be.

Much like the woman I peek at
as she’s set to join the battle.

I admire every freckle,
every imperfection that perfects her.

Confusing, contradictory
at the surface, I know.

But every angle taken reflects
a masterpiece rising in relief.

Like Hathor, she holds the Nile
in the sky at spring equinox.
***




2 comments:

  1. "I side-eye her profile and
    tickle-kiss her cheeks in my mind.

    I love that so much of her face
    is on the front of her face.

    Ridiculous sounding, and
    super, superficial, I know.

    But at the surface level,
    we like what we like, don’t we?"

    Yes! And, even more of it for the above!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of her face is on the front where it should be.
    Lucky gal. Ive spent a large part of my life wearing eyes at the back of my head:)
    A sweetness and tenderness in this one.

    ReplyDelete