Sunday, April 10, 2016

Day 10 - Untended Spring Cleaning

my patio

Untended Spring Cleaning

“Why won’t you help us?”
the slouching pink bud gasped meekly
along with her yellow sister,
their flowerbed
overflowing with dandelion intruders
and debris from last week’s windstorm,
or perhaps the storm passed a month ago.
The days blend together sometimes.

“Shuddup flower. Can’t you see I’m busy?”
I replied from my seated position,
feet propped up,
enjoying the sunlight’s slowly-changing shadow-angles
across my un-swept patio
where birds no longer gather to eat pine nuts,
having depleted their unexpected bounty
delivered by unruly winds
to my doorstep weeks ago.
Kinda rude of them to not clean up after their meal.

Technology buzzes,
demanding that I rise
to place the laundry into the dryer.
I ignore said electronic demands
as all free men are entitled to do,
staring out into the still, low hanging fir trees,
moving ever so slightly,
almost in rhythm with my
imperceptibly slow pace.
As our still-life pace synchronizes,
I suddenly understand

the purpose of meditation.
***

2 comments:

  1. Perfection...ignore on...all is meant to happen when it is and not a moment sooner. Things sometimes have a way of clearing themselves up on their own sometimes, too...I find. :0 Thank you, for adding your voice to the challenge!

    ReplyDelete