Saturday, April 02, 2016

Day 2 - Awkward Pause

Image source: self.com

Awkward Pause

An unnamed slight, restrained by sight,
she refrained from lightly touching my hand,
intent unplanned, unknowing
thought-provoking senses clutch
imaginary lines and such,
knowing much of my distaste for touch,
but knowing not how much I craved a taste,
which was a lot, of want of
pressing our flesh into Odin’s Knot.

But she smiled and lingered a while
as if she knew a thing or two
about the crease that folded me
into foretold past and future us
with just a wiggle of her brow
and now I’m frozen, can’t run,
slow-motion, turn into her leading edge,
my silent pleading wedged between her pause
because I forgot where she sends me
and I know not where her knot begins me.

And I still don’t know her name. 



4 comments:

  1. It's hard to choose the most beautiful line.

    my silent pleading wedged between her pause because I forgot where she sends me
    and I know not where her knot begins me
    And I still don't know her name

    (Sigh) a gorgeous poem.
    I'm a tad envious of this inspirational writing...it's going to keep me on my toes, well ,at least awake for a month:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually just read another writer's lament written in the same context and she too, did not know her courter's name. This is flat out beautiful, Barry.

    "and now I’m frozen, can’t run,
    slow-motion, turn into her leading edge,
    my silent pleading wedged between her pause
    because I forgot where she sends me
    and I know not where her knot begins me.

    And I still don’t know her name."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually just read another writer's lament written in the same context and she too, did not know her courter's name. This is flat out beautiful, Barry.

    "and now I’m frozen, can’t run,
    slow-motion, turn into her leading edge,
    my silent pleading wedged between her pause
    because I forgot where she sends me
    and I know not where her knot begins me.

    And I still don’t know her name."

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is luscious writing. Utterly delicious for all the senses. This part is particularly satiating: "as if she knew a thing or two
    about the crease that folded me." Wow!!

    ReplyDelete