Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Day 5 - Abandoned Easel

Image source: http://postsecret.com/

Abandoned Easel

When you stopped loving me, I stopped painting
Sunsets lost their magic and warmth
Photosynthesis carried her secrets back to ash

When you stopped loving me, I stopped imagining
Strokes of contrast left muddled and blurred
Cosmic spectrum clouded through imperfect fate

When you stopped loving me, my colors faded
Pigmented canvas left dried and flaking
Iris wept as I ignored the goddess’ message

When you stopped loving me, I sold my easel.


2 comments:

  1. Time to pick up a paint brush again.Nobody just nobody is worth it... killing your joy and creativity.I liked this poem very much.It is thought provoking and makes me wonder why we allow others to destroy us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "When you stopped loving me, I sold my easel."

    woW!

    ReplyDelete