Friday, August 07, 2015

Go Fuck Yourself

Go Fuck Yourself

I would write in watercolors
redirecting raindrops with wetted strokes

I could learn the ukulele
strumming the sunshine with fingertips

I should fashion songs in summer
transmuting wind into weighted voice

But when you ask me how you should feel
when my potential seasons offend you
only one possible answer comes to mind.


***

***

Yes, there's a story behind this one, but I can't go into it right now. I just had to quickly spit out the poison before it consumed me. 

I'll try to be more upbeat next time!


17 comments:

  1. And I hope you feel better after spitting out the poison & have calmed down a bit ~

    Enjoy your weekend ~

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the watercolor sand the Ukelele comes back again.. A lot better than having to be angry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the irony is you could have gone anywhere, after tthose first three brilliant couplets! So vibrant proof that 'the poison' didn't squash, even for a minute, the beauty and tenderness of your poetic soul, Danny... With Best Wishes Scott www.scotthastie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you use the pretty, poetic imagery to set me up for the wham at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Better to spit it out before it consumes you.. I could feel the fire through the verse.
    Well penned.

    Lots of love,
    Sanaa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, sometimes you just have to say the words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL...I love the strumming of the sunshine with your fingers.Thank you for visiting the banished poet who refuses to kiss arse.Third finger salute to all the creeps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The best way to live is with a clear conscience. This'll do it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The best way to live is with a clear conscience. This'll do it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The best way to live is with a clear conscience. This'll do it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's a lot of beauty underlying this intense anger...that first stanza, especially. Thank God for poetic purging!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah.. Art goes a long
    way from
    festering
    hate..:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oha - the anger can be clearly felt but hey - isn't writing just the perfect way to channel those emotions - ha

    ReplyDelete