Monday, April 06, 2015

Day 6 - Greater than Sunrise

Image courtesy of cdn.cutestpaw.com

Greater than Sunrise

Uttered with tearful smile
The rising sun breathes
Good morning breeze
Through dawning rainclouds

Peacefully she curves
Within the confines of
Our comfort, knowing
The final alarm will release us

The sun outshines morning stars
Heavy with its magnitude and
Its weight of promise that
We will reconvene again

As the sun yields celestial canvas
To twinkling twilight zephyrs
And I again yield solitude for
She who rules the evening stars
***

I borrowed ideas from NaPoWriMo's Aubade (morning poem) prompt and Imaginary Garden with Real Toad's Seeing Stars prompt. This was a fun breath of fresh air for me, seeing how much of this month's poetic themes have been rather dark and dense for me personally. Sometimes I get in a mood, I guess. I'll try to lighten up more.


1 comment: