Saturday, April 04, 2015

Day 4 - beautiful ashes

beautiful ashes

her words lingered in perfumed contrails
swirling in the wake of hasty leaving
merging with Mary Jane’s second hand
choking perspective to ashen cloud wreaths

they settle upon the far night stand            
dulling the gleam of a cast-off ring
and a key no longer used to unlock
the door, softly shut in muted egress

without even a spark of flame
a home for two reduced to ashes
wake of self-pollution and delusion
a hermetically sealed rejection
***

I used the NaPoWriMo day four prompt, or a "loveless" love and/or breakup poem. I know, not much of a stretch for me, as most of my work dabbles in bittersweet themes, but hey... whaddayawant from me? The NCAA Final Four Basketball Tournament is on the tube!




2 comments:

  1. Missing some of the Final Four to write counts as suffering for your art, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah. I wrote it while watching the 1st game. Though I suppose that multitasking can be a form of suffering itself...

      Delete