Friday, April 03, 2015

Day 3 - navigate

Image courtesy of Google

navigate

our failure
to cause a fuss
as distance grew between us
it’s as if we knew that someday
we would navigate fate itself

I would smile
and take your hand
with no words, you’d understand                         
it’s as if we knew that someday
we would sail across fate itself for us
***

I took a queue from the Fireblossom Friday: Sing It, Toads prompt, where we were challenged to rewrite a popular or favorite song. This prompt was relatively easy for me, as I've been fixated on Rebecca Sugar's end credits theme to Steven Universe, "A Love Like You"


2 comments:

  1. Your poem is kind of breaking my heart and keeping me hopeful. It's it wonderful agony. I like how you can evoke ambiguity. Plus, that song is cool. I hadn't heard it before and I could place your poem right in the tune.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one does sadly beautiful better than you do.Having this sensitive insight and depth of feeling is a real gift.

    Poor computer reception so cannot listen to the song but will when possible.

    ReplyDelete