Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Day 21 - triolet for leaving

Image source: Google

triolet for leaving

the morning birdsong I’ll miss the most
but not the sound of her haunting cries
one song for lovers, one for a ghost
the morning birdsong I’ll miss the most
the other mourns as a spirit flies
sharp absence pierced in notes most morose
the morning birdsong I’ll miss the most
but not the sound of her haunting cries
***

Written for dVerse poet's 8-line prompt, but not shared there. We're preparing for a big move this weekend, so I won't have much time to read the great work of others. I barely have time to write. It's insane to me that I'm still going strong with all the added stress, but wifey and three of my closest literary friends insisted that I try. 

I'm glad I listened to them.


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad too! You've had an awesome month. I really like triolets, and this one is beautiful. Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. Keep it up baby, we'll find time for you through the weekend,

    ReplyDelete