Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Day 14 - why i hate the telephone

Image source: Google
why i hate the telephone
indulging in immediate need of her
I called her
against my better judgment
spitting into my windblown pride
I called her
knowing she was with… him
I called her
again and again
hoping to block their synergy
because it should’ve been me!
I called her
though it was two in the morning
I called her
again and again
knowing she needed to sort things out
I called her
again and again
though she begged me not to
again, and again,
I called her
till she blocked me

the following morning, at work
she called me
indulging in immediate need of her
I begged her
against my better judgment
spitting into my depleted pride
I begged her
knowing my coworkers could hear
I begged her
again and again
though I filtered-out whispers about me
and the eavesdropping snickers
I begged her
knowing I’d made a mockery of us
and a stale punchline of my first name
I begged her
again and again
even though she urged me to love myself more
again, and again,
I begged her
not to dump me
***

No prompt today. Just a freewrite. 


2 comments:

  1. If I'm reading poetry in the early hours of the morning, I deserve to get my heart broken. And here I am with your lovely heartbreaking freewrite.

    ReplyDelete