Thursday, January 15, 2015

Ten word poems

Image source: Google

Ten word poems 

1.
sunset
your rejection
of my light
burns horizon
to ashes        

2.
reds, blues, yellow, blacks
a living palatte
eclipsed by you

3.
I was not meant for this world
tears smear colors

4.
sleet pelts cheeks
mingle with tears
how discretely
they
fall

5.
midnight wind muffles sound
I cry peacefully
cursing the void

6.
eastern skies soften              
I wait
bathed in lavender               
you’re early

7.
sunlight pierces me
squinting
I invite you to
ignite me
***

Written for dVerse Poets Meeting the Bar: one, two, three ...tenWord! writing prompt. Go here to read the other dVerse poets who participated.



15 comments:

  1. I enjoyed all of these ...hard to choose a favourite....maybe 6( very witty and saucy! :)
    Love the images and intense feeling you capture with a few words. I am having a problem submitting to dverse. My name may never appear on the list again...I will still comment on your work and write to the prompts. Just thought I'd let you know in case you thought I had disappeared into the ether:)




    Just thought I would let you know in case you were wondering why my name was no longer appearing on the list and I am still writing to the prompts.
    Cheers
    Cressida.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...and that video is very cute ! Libido was wearing a tuxedo for that one methinks :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you! And I'm always checking for you. Added you to my blogroll!

      Delete
  2. All thought provoking but my fave its the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well-penned. Emotions and images mingle to create a great effect in your words. I particularly liked the last one.
    -HA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you've mastered this form! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it specially the 6th and 7th ~ ignite me, such passion, smiles ~

    Good to read your words Barry ~ Hope you are well ~

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice...my fav is the midnight wind one...
    the interaction with the void...

    the invitation to ignite as well
    with the sun streaming in...

    each of these is pretty tight..
    and quite evocative...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that in ten words you can evoke a romantic atmosphere, funny how less can be more sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are truly poetic in the finest sense of the word, showing your ability to really use your senses in observing what's happening around you--love the details of color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like #4 best, though I'm not sure why. Peace, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you ever wanted a go-to form for twitter poems, I think you found it. You make the micro form look easy.

    ReplyDelete