Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Battle

The Battle


Fleeing love and death
Your gaze fortified my spine
I'll stand my ground beside you
 ***
If our cause is just
I will take up both our swords
Or gladly fall upon them.

***



I learned of the Sedoka from a poem I read on Conscious Cacophony's blog. This is my first crack at the form. Go there to read her own Sedoka, as well as a good description of the form. 

Shared with dVerse Poets' Open Link Night - November 2011. Many dVerse poets have also shared their work here

8 comments:

  1. intriguing write....fleeing love and death, you take a stand together...which leaves me wondering what it is you stand for or against...as love would have been my first guess but...its kinda ironic too that you would embrace death for her as well...another contrast with the opening line....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the strength of the second stanza and the possible stories that the poem opens. I am not sure, yet, what story to fill in, but I am motivated to find one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'll be sedoka'd...this is very good Bizza. I like the chivalry and loyalty you espouse.. Every damsel needs a shining knight ,wielding a trusty sword ,keeping the dragons at bay. Good to see you back at dverse again.
    where have u been
    ( chortles)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Cressida de Nova...the gallantry in this is epic :-) And, thanks for the shout-out....it's always so much fun to try new forms. If this is your first crack then you are clearly a natural Sedoka Master!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very heroic and gallant ~ Glad to see you experimenting with forms ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Powerful piece! It is amazing how intense the message is through this form.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always like to haer of a new form and I appreciate the chivalry in your words.

    ReplyDelete