Friday, April 11, 2014

With Apologies to Seasoned Marijuana Smokers:

towl

With Apologies to Seasoned Marijuana Smokers:

 

Mary, I was misinformed,

You are not the devil’s scorned

A whiff of you sends me alight

Tucks me in, and I sleep tight

 

Had I known you were my friend

I’d fill my lungs and we’d ascend

To Jupiter and points unknown

Uhm…

Something, something some unknown

***

napo2014button2

NaPoWriMo Day 11: Today’s prompt is called Anacreontics, which is a poem about wine and love (two of my favorite topics). Since I’ve written more on the subjects of love and booze than nearly any other subject, I wanted to go in a different direction. And wouldn’t you know it; Mary Jane is now legal within the great state of Washington!

Now, I’m not exactly Snoop Dogg or anything, but I’ve done my thing and completed this poem without even a hint of drop-off in my artistry. Go back and re-read it! Splendiferous shit, right? I got this poetry shit on LOCK, son!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm a super villain can come up with some splendiferous shit alright:)

    PS
    You know when I get not too old I hope I can screw with myself in a Batman outfit without having Alzheimers. It is the least one can expect from a creative poet! :)




    ReplyDelete