Monday, April 07, 2014

Savior

Savior

 

savior

my sword and shield

mentor; thought-unsheather

not a lover, but my first love

a poem

for the acute condition, love

and chronic instigator

we clash, birthing

a poem

***

napo2014button2

NaPoWriMo Day 7: love poem to an inanimate object. OK, so I took a wee bit of artistic license and made “a poem” the subject of my love poem. Yeah, it’s meta, so what’s your point?

I mean, Whatdoyawantfromme? I felt slightly silly writing a love poem to beer or bourbon. Just because Ice Cube makes money pretending to argue with beer doesn’t mean that I can swoop in and try getting to second-base with beer.

Plus I didn’t want to choose between beer and bourbon (don’t you DARE make me choose!)

5 comments:

  1. I like the love poem to a poem. Although I am interested in the idea of a love poem to both beer and bourbon. Or is that just too naughty?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heidi, I thought writing about beer and bourbon would be more sad than naughty, though your perspective has swayed me some. ;)

      Delete
  2. I did not like that prompt so I skipped it.I know...guess I'm just not post modern enough !The choice between beer and bourbon is a g and t
    with a twist of lemon:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't too fond of the prompt either, and I'm really not into day 8's. But I was short on time and being present in my daughter's personal challenges. I just needed to get something down, and a poem about a poem almost writes itself. :)

      I haven't looked at dVerse's poetics yet. I imagine I'll give it a shot today.

      Delete
  3. Hugs for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete