Sunday, June 30, 2013

Prism

Prism

I keep circling back to you
Wondering if you felt it meant as much
If you too found your perspective changed
Though I’ve long forgotten your scent
The fleeting presence of your lips on mine
Our brief encounter gently displaced me
From the pull of one woman
To the embrace of another
Did our kiss alter your trajectory quite as much?
Perhaps you were slated to become a housewife
But instead, were knocked off course,
Landing in someone else’s life as a supermodel
On day two, I told you that I thought I could love you
From the margins, it sounds rash or even insane
But I felt you pierce the impenetrable fog
To the improbable fact that I did love you
In the vacuum of our 48-hour courtship
I held you, and we compressed 48 billion scenarios
Each one overflowing with surreal adoration
I saw you more clearly through your prism
Your light revealed someone magnificent
And the magnificent observation that
I was worthy of someone like you

1 comment: